[perfectpullquote align=”full” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””] If the word doesn’t exist, invent it. -Charles Baudelaire. [/perfectpullquote]
- Are flashbacks fizzling your fiction? | KRISTEN LAMB’S BLOG
- All about commas | THE WRITE PRACTICE
- Building a story garden: The power of settings in fiction | WRITERS HELPING WRITERS
- The only character questionnaire you need to complete | WRITERS WRITE
- Character need: Psychological + Moral | WRITE ON SISTERS
- 5 Tips for editing dialogue | WRITER’S DIGEST
Dialogue is the writer’s equivalent of the Swiss army knife. What other storytelling tool lets you reveal character, advance the plot, establish the setting, and deliver a theme, all at the same time? Well-written dialogue is a fast and easy read.
+ Related books:
- How to write dazzling dialogue
- Writing success: Your book from start to finish to publication
- Outlining your novel
- Writing deep point of view
- The art of memoir
- Reading like a Writer
- Rock your revisions
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide To Character Expression
- WHAT’S IN A MIND?: Understanding antagonists | SCRIPT MAG
If a film or screenplay makes me loath but love, then empathise but hate the antagonist – all in one sitting – then a massive bravo to that screenwriter from yours truly (insert standing ovation here).
- How to sound like a professional screenwriter | LA SCREENWRITER
So, how do you know if you’re sounding like a pro or an amateur?
- Hitchcock and the ticking time bomb: Are we doing it wrong? | SCRIPT MAG
Alfred Hitchcock is without a doubt one of the giants of film and television.
- Why you should join a writers group | LA SCREENWRITER
You should join a writers group. Today.
- Why if you hate The Walking Dead? | KEN LEVINE
What must it be like for critics when time or circumstances make it harder for them to do their job?
- Super Structure: The key to unleashing the power of story
- Screenplay: The foundations of screenwriting
- Essentials of screenwriting
- Screenwriting: The sequence approach
- 33 Ways to sell your screenplay
- The eight characters of comedy
- Should you migrate your books from Smashwords to Draft2Digital? | SKIPJACK PUBLISHING
All my future books, I will aggregate through D2D. But not all my current ones. So what’s to stop me from adding all my books to D2D now?
- My latest advice on book publishing and marketing | JANE FRIEDMAN
Advice on how to make the jump from indie author to traditional publishing—or if you should
Build your global sales with Kobo writing life | THE BOOK DESIGNER
Why should self-published authors and small publishers distribute directly to Kobo? And how can you grow your global sales?
Why you can’t expect success from publishing a book | JUST PUBLISHING ADVICE
How do you know if your book is going to sell? You don’t.
How to customize your email newsletter sign-up forms to increase reader engagement | JANE FRIEDMAN
The connection with your email newsletter subscribers starts much sooner than you think. Connection begins somewhere unexpected, in a place that many gloss over or ignore altogether: your signup forms.
- Self Publishing: My rules to staying alive and making money
- How I sold 80,000 books
- Write. Publish. Repeat: The no-luck-required guide to self-publishing success
- Createspace & Kindle Self Publishing Masterclass
- The Self-Publishing Road Map