Angel Dupree: [Narrating] Tonight, I had the opportunity to study grace and generosity under the direst of circumstances. Even in “their darkest hour”, Officer Charlie Lang and the good-hearted Ms. Yvonne Biasi shared a bowl of soup with me. When I left, this good Samaritan gave me money from his own pocket, wishing it could be more.
—It Could Happen To You, 1994
Generosity is giving something willingly and happily without expecting anything in return.
Most important, being generous creates awesomeness.
Here are 10 ways to be grateful and boost awesomeness:
1. If you admire someone, want to say thank you, or just want to strike up a conversation, don’t be afraid to send a nice email.
Let your ideas, genuine gratitude, and personality shine in an email. You might be surprised what it leads to.
2. Whenever anything excellent or annoying happens to you, write down “This is good because…” and fill in the blank.
It’s important to be grateful for everything you manifested, especially the negative aspects. It will raise your frequency, and move on to new experiences.
3. Write thank you notes.
In the evening, write a list of ten positive things you experienced during the day. Keep a gratitude journal
4. Compliment someone on their appearance, attitude or other aspect of their personality.
A beautiful word can have a great impact on someone having a hard time. You never know.
5. Do something unexpected for someone.
We don’t have to wait for someone asking us a favor. If you feel there is an opportunity, offer yourself.
6. Take nothing for granted, not even the smallest thing.
7. Write down gratitude affirmations and say them out loud.
I am grateful for…
8. Give encouraging words for someone.
Sometimes life is tough. Use the power of presence, the ability to connect with and inspire others.
9. Keep being grateful, even in hard times.
It’s difficult to keep being grateful when life gets tough, yet one can still be grateful for a thousand reasons.
10. Be thankful for who you are.